Sunday, July 5, 2009

in love with the foods

MELT-IN-THE-MOUTH CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES

chocolate cupcakes.JPG


I had read so much about these that I absolutely HAD to make them, I have such a passion for chocolate that one look and I am hooked!, I absolutely crave chocolate at times....well most of the times!.This cake is the stuff chocoholic dreams are made up of, its deep, dense, dark and absolutely fudgy "intense chocolate"is the word.I love it! It fulfills your worst chocolate craving and is very easy to make too.The recipe is from the famous Chocolate and Zucchini and can be found here.It is almost flourless and it was my first experience of baking such a cake, as Clotilde says-this cake is best baked a day before I totally agree, it actually was best the next day.


I simply put the lovely dark and delicious batter into cupcake pans and baked Cupcakes out of it, here's the recipe-



  • Butter-200gms

  • Dark chocolate-200gms

  • Sugar-1 cup (200gms)

  • Eggs-4

  • Flour-1 rounded tablespoon


METHOD-Preheat oven to 180C and line a 8 inch cake pan/line muffin tray.Melt butter and sugar together and add in the sugar, let cool a little, then add the eggs one by one beating well, lastly add the flour.Mix well and pour into pan/muffin tray, bake.Here I must say the batter rises well and then collapses a bit, but don't be disappointed it will still taste wonderful..After baking for 30 minutes, switch off oven and leave the cake in for another 10 minutes.


As you can see the ingredients that go into this melty-gooey cake are on the heavier side and since it is so hot here, I served these spread with extra chocolate frosting (oh my gosh, will I never stop!) and some cool vanilla icecream to balance off the heaviness, it was delicious...ummmm


melt in the mouth cupcakes.JPG

July 2, 2009

HEALTHY WHOLEWHEAT SWEET BREAD

sweet dough bread1.JPG


Baking with yeast is very satisfying and therapeutic.Nowadays I find myself making buns, rolls and breads all the time and I just love it.I was never satisfied with store-brought wholewheat bread and always used to think -is it REALLY Wholewheat? or simply regular flour and caramel colour, well now I bake it for my morning breakfast myself and enjoy it fresh with butter, jam and coffee.


sweet dough bread2.JPG



  • INGREDIENTS-

  • Wholewheat Flour-3 cups

  • Egg-1

  • Salt-1 tsp

  • Butter-1/4 cup

  • Sugar-1/2 cup

  • Milk-1/2 cup

  • Water-1/2 cup

  • Sugar-1 tsp extra

  • Active dryYeast-2 tsp


METHOD-Warm up the water, add the 1 tsp.sugar, dissolve then sprinkle yeast, leave for a while till it turns into a foam.Now warm the milk slightly add sugar, salt, butter, stir till sugar is dissolved.In a large bowl combine the milk mixture with yeast mixture, add flour and the egg and knead well, transfer to a well oiled bowl, let rise well for an hour.Punch down and shape into loaves, leave to rise again for 1/2 an hour and bake after brushing tops with little milk at 200C. I baked two rounds like in the picture below,making a cross on the top with a sharp knife, the rounds sliced well and were delicious.


sweet dough bread.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Zone